I'm now 46... and just starting to know myself.
My programming language skill set
- I know Pascal via TurboPascal and BorlandDelphi.
- I have avoided C/C++ because they seem way to crufty to me.
- I know some PythonLanguage, having used it to do some database work.
- I've done assembler on a number of platforms for smallish projects.
- I've got almost no experience programming as part of a team.
I've got a few GrandConcepts?
which I want to realize before I die:
- ObjectZoo? - a goofy name for my Unified Vision of Refactoring, which uses RichSource, BidirectionalCompiler, and other tools to extract knowledge, and Pascal source, from code in languages which I refuse to learn. ;-) (Kind of like IntentionalProgramming, RefactoringBrowser, and several other concepts which I haven't found the names for yet, all rolled into one)
- BitGrid? - http://bitgrid.blogspot.com - A hardware project which involves making a grid of 4 bit processors with a total of 64 bits of program store each. It's definitely NonVonNeuman?, and will never nicely map to C++, Pascal, or any other language in existence, for that matter. There is no program counter, only State. I'm proposing it to DARPA as a solution to their Exoscale problems, which require 10^18 operations per second.
- SecureOs? - It appears that Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX all share the same broken security model. We need a way to reliably and efficiently give capabilities to untrusted mobile code.
I'm interested in
- WikiSync - I need to make LaptopJenny? a better personal productivity tool.
- SoftwareRadio?, such as GnuRadio? - I want one, I want to explore very low bandwidth communications to see just how far into QRP land things can actually go. The bit rate should be proportional to power, so it should take a very low amount of power to send 1 bit/hour or 1 bit/day.
- Mesh networking, I want to help build an open replacement for the wired InterNet. Coast to coast packets with NO money exchanged anywhere.
- AmateurRadio? - I'm KA9DGX, glad to meet you.
I'm constantly learning new things. Recently, I installed a MoinMoin WikiEngine
on my new laptop. I've been learning the WikiWay
. I'm amazed at the elegance, and power of the WikiWiki
as a tool.
I've got a personal home page at http://www.warot.com, which is Intentionally Left Blank
I work for Live Marketing, a TradeShow? marketing company. I AM the IT staff, which is sometimes a very lonely place, technical conversation wise.
I'm very happily married, though I wish Virginia (our daughter) would let me get more sleep. ;-)
I have an active interest in making computers work for people.
All things are not perfect, of course:
- I live in a Country in decline, with corrupt leadership.
- I live in a world running out of fuel, with the government seeming to actively hide this fact.
- Democracy is not an option when the propaganda rules the people.