Jeff Grigg, CCP
Title: "Senior Technical Integration Consultant"
- Certified Computer Professional (http://iccp.org/).
- Trained and working in Guidewire PolicyCenter 7.0 Technical Integration.
- Certified in Guidewire PolicyCenter 4.0 Technical Integration.
- Certified in Guidewire BillingCenter 3.0 Technical Integration.
- Certified in Guidewire ClaimCenter 6.0 Technical Integration.
Located in Brea, CA at the moment. Plan to be in Chicago for about a month starting in late January. (Bad time of year to do that; I know. ;-)
And then... maybe Paris?!? (We'll see.)
My personal email address is...
JeffreyToddGrigg -at- gmail -dot- com
- Employed by Guidewire Software, Inc. (http://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/values)
- a packaged property and casualty insurance insurance software producer. (IE: Car and home/apartment insurance. Think "We produce SAP for insurance companies: It does policy management, billing and claims (instead of accounting). It has a strong supporting architecture that enables us to configure more than customize -- to reduce the cost and risk of upgrading to new versions.)
- We replace core systems.
- based in California. But I will primarily be traveling to customer sites all over the world to do integration work with their other systems.
[In February and March of 2011: I see that someone is posting under the UserName JeffGrigg. But they are not me.]
It's the GrammarVandal.
Somehow, that does not surprise me. -- JeffGrigg
[In May of 2012, the GrammarVandal seems to be impersonating me again.]
[June 12th of 2012 -- another impersonator.]
Pages On My Mind:
Lost (from) My Mind:
- Nothing much at the moment, really.
I started programming in 1976, professionally in 1981, most of it being contracting-style engagements, typically about a year on each project.
(3 to 5 years per employer.)
Client/server projects have tended to be risky:
Even at the end of a successful project, most companies have not (historically) been prepared to start another risky project right away, so I'm often off to greener pastures.
(So call me a mercenary! ;-)
Almost every customer I've worked for has tried to hire me. Some have even succeeded.
I've done a lot of work in C++ on Windows and Unix, with various relational databases.
And VisualBasic (VbClassic) -- mostly with VbUnit (VbUnitThree).
And lots and lots of other stuff.
(Ask me what I haven't done. I find it easier to answer that question. ;-)
An "NT" on the MyersBriggs test.
(...like many other programmers.)
- January 29, 2004. Jeff, I award you the BarnStar for long persisting in the thankless job of archiving RecentChanges. Thank you! -- ScottMoonen
- And another one for being our in-house historian and living memory. -See WikiHistory -- Robert Abitbol
- Jeff, thank you for your comments about ChangesInMonth. I think you deserve another star for all the work on VB. Thank you also for giving me a star. I will keep up with the work on ChangesInMonth. -- JohnFletcher.
Here's a good place to add messages to JeffGrigg: